CFO Award, PPD. For proposal development work to NIH.
- N.C. Associated Press, Public Service Award, Honorable Mention. Safety issues at New Hanover High School field house. Managing Editor.
- N.C. Press Association, General Excellence/Website, Second Place. Managing Editor.
- Associated Press Managing Editors, Public Service Award, Finalist. For environmental reporting documenting and analyzing the dangers of water contaminants at Camp Lejeune. Editor.
- N.C. Press Association, General News Reporting, first place. Coverage of Riegelwood tornado. Managing editor.
- N.C. Press Association, General Excellence, third place. (Daily Newspaper). Managing editor.
- Chairman’s Award, New York Times Company, for coverage of Riegelwood tornado. Managing Editor.
- Gold Medal, Gannett company recognition of overall newspaper excellence, Asheville Citizen-Times. Managing Editor.
- Associated Press Managing Editors Freedom of Information Award, Finalist. For campaign to open records to the public. Editor and writer.
- Gannett Newsroom Supervisor Award. Named one of top 15 newsroom supervisors in Gannett.
- N.C. Press Association, News Enterprise, third place. For eight-day series on long-term care in Western North Carolina. Editor and writer.
- Tribute to Women in Industry award, for contributions to women in business and industry in Western North Carolina.
- Newspaper award, N.C. Society of Historians, Writer.
- Best Niche Publication (newspaper over 40,000 circulation) Mid-Atlantic Newspaper Advertising Marketing Executives competition, for Peaks magazine. Editor and writer.
- N.C. Cancer Society newspaper writing competition, first place. For “Breast Cancer: After the Diagnosis.” Writer.